Tackling Mold at the Source

Serious Mold infection

Some mold species can cause respiratory infection when the live mold invades the tissues of the lungs or respiratory tract. This is not a significant risk for healthy people, but can be dangerous for individuals with severely weakened immune systems, infants and the elderly.

Toxic effects of mold – legitimate or unfounded?

According to the CDC “There are very few reports that toxigenic molds found inside homes can cause unique or rare health conditions such as pulmonary hemorrhage or memory loss. These case reports are rare, and a causal link between the presence of the toxigenic mold and these conditions has not been proven.”  Because of this, “toxic molds” should be treated the same as any other mold.

The question is not whether molds are capable or producing toxins, but rather whether they produce a sufficient quantity to effect the human body.  Currently,

licensed-mold-inspector

the majority of research points away from toxins as a potential health threat.

One particular type of mold that has been recently highlighted in the media is Stachybotrys chartarum (also known as Stachybotrys atra). Stachybotrys is a greenish-black mold that grows on materials with high cellulose content (drywall, wood, paper, ceiling tiles, etc.) that are chronically wet or moist. It is one of several molds that can produce mycotoxins under certain environmental conditions.

The health effects of breathing mycotoxins are not well understood, but we do know that most molds can present some health risks, such as allergic reactions. Therefore, any mold growth in a building should be cleaned up, regardless of the type of mold.  If mold inspections is required, please review our protocol first.  For additional information on this issue see Questions and Answers on Stachybotrys chartarum and other molds on the National Center for Environmental Health Web site.

People at Greatest Risk from Mold

  • Infants and children.
  • The elderly.
  • People with asthma, allergies, and other respiratory (breathing) conditions.
  • People with weakened immune systems (such as people with HIV infection, cancer patients taking chemotherapy, and people who have received an organ transplant).
  • Any person at risk from mold should not be in an area that is likely to be contaminated with mold.

Possible Health Effects of Mold Exposure

  • Stuffy nose, irritated eyes, or wheezing can occur in people who are sensitive to molds.
  • Wheezing, difficulty in breathing, and shortness of breath can be an allergic reaction to mold and can sometimes be severe.
  • Skin reactions can develop.
  • Mold infections can develop in the lungs of people with weakened immune systems and with chronic lung diseases such as obstructive lung disease.

Treating Symptoms of Mold Exposure

If you or your family members have health problems after exposure to mold, contact your doctor or other health care provider.

If you are in need of a mold inspection Call Mold Pro’s Florida and schedule an appointment today!

Removing Ugly Roof Moss from your home

How To Remove Roof Moss Easily

Trying to remove roof moss can be a difficult task for many people, especially for those with large roofs that are simply covered in algae, moss, and stains. Knowing how to get rid of the roof moss in the most effective way will ensure that you can keep your home looking nice, and you will find that what once tookOrlando Roof Cleaning regular maintenance now takes one treatment with our patented process.

The truth of the matter is that roof moss will cause the shingles of your roof to deteriorate faster than anything else will, thanks to the fact that the algae and moss actually lives off the moisture and petroleum inside your shingles and knocks of the limestone. If you don’t remove roof moss as promptly as possible, you will find that the roof shingles of your home begin to crack and break much faster than they should.

Roof Cleaning Process

The process to remove roof moss is quite complicated unless you use Orlando Pressure Washing.  Because of the danger involved no homeowner should attempt to clean their roof. But many people are the do it yourself types.  It will require a considerable amount of time on your part. The first thing that you will need to do is to examine the moss to determine what type of moss or algae it is. If you don’t know the difference between the two, take a few pictures of your roof shingles and compare the moss and fungus with the following pictures.  You will need to buy a non-toxic set of chemicals for the type of moss growing on your roof.

Products that will be needed to effectively ride the roof of fungus and moss cant be obtained at a local hardware store. Whatever products you find make sure that it doesn’t contain bleach, tsp, chlorine, or acid. Since these chemicals will dry your roof out. Your product of choice will need to be sprayed on your roof. You could use a garden sprayer. These sprayers are usually used for plants, but you can use one to spray your roof moss. Mix up the chemicals carefully, and apply the solution directly to the roof moss. Once you have let the chemicals kill off the moss, it is time to get washing.

Using a gentile wash rinse the roof down. Don’t use a hi pressure power washer, you could potentially ruin your shingles faster than nearly anything else would. Never use a bristle brush; the scrubbing will knock off the granules.

Orlando Roof Cleaning Chemicals

One risk that you may face when using the chemicals to remove roof moss from your shingles is that the chemicals may harm your plants and flowers around the edges of your roof. If you are concerned about the damage to your plants, you cannot simply hose them off thoroughly once you are done with the cleaning process.  This does not ensure that no trace of the chemicals is left on the leaves, stems, roots and soil.

The reliable Pressure Washing Services

If you want a solution that is guaranteed to remove roof moss while leaving your plant life intact, Lake Mary Pressure Washing, uses a strong solution that will kill moss and algae without harming plants. You can find out more information by calling or visit our website.  You will see that our motto of “Ugly Roof Stains Away” rings true, and you can restore your home to its original beautiful condition easily and economically with our moss and fungus removal system.